Monday 29 March 2010

Radio Trailer

Today I done the radio trailer for the short film 'Stolen Life'. To do this I firstly had to compose a script for the chosen individuals to read from when their voices would be recorded. secondly, i went around with a marrantz to record various peoples voices until I found the ones that I would be able to use for the trailer. I would say this was the hardest part as not many people wanted their voices recorded. Once I had found the voices which I thought were appropriate and would fit in well, I imported them into premier pro where I then began to edit the voices. 
This was quite a long process as I had to cut out some parts which didn't fit it well and I had to re-record. The part which caused me the most problems was finding the right voice for the narrator. Initially I had wanted a deep voice for the narrator as in many film trailors the narrator has that type of voice. Firstly I went with my dad's voice because it is quite deep and masculine but it wasn't the right kind of voice for the trailor. It sounded very depressing, I carried on recording various voices from around the college and eventually I found the right voice. It is not a deep voice but I believe it fits in well with the backing music.

For the backing music I made a beat out of violins and drums and other instruments, I recorded it and imported it into premier pro. The backing music plays throughout the whole film and over the voices aswell. I used the same beat that was used in the film to show the connection between the two and also, so that the audience will know what film the radio trailer is associated with.

So that the radio trailer didn't just consist of backing music and voices, I added the sound of a heart beat in parts where there is no talking. I done this to add extra tension and to give the listening audience a feel of suspense.

This is a copy of the radio trailer script for Stolen Life.


Narrator: Think you know someone? Think again...

*sound clips from the film*

Tina- “YOU STOLE MY LIFE!”

Narrator: From the makers of Disturbance and Melissa, comes ‘Stolen Life’

Narrator: A ‘must see film’ says The Sun.

Somebody in the college: “it was great a Fantastic film with a brilliant twist at the end, I hardly expected it!”

Somebody in the college: “I LOVED IT!” the characters were so realistic and it seemed like something that would happen in real life! I would definitely recommend it to anyone

Narrator: Come and experience what film critics are calling the film of the year!

Narrator: Stolen Life, in cinemas March 20th 2010



*Need someone with a deep voice.

*Music in the background (sad music-instrumental)

Number 29 for the background sound.


This is the radio trailer for my short film. This was also uploaded onto YouTube. For the radio trailer I originally wanted a deep voice to do the part of the narrator as many radio trailers have that but I was unable to find the right person. In the end I decided to use somebody with a softer voice. I think it worked well because the genre of the film is a sad drama and I think the voice worked well with the theme of the film aswell as the music played in the background. I chose to use the same music that was played in the film, in the radio trailer to show the link between the two.


No comments:

Post a Comment